Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Issola by Steven Brust

Issola is my favorite book in the Vlad Taltos series by Steven Brust.

I would not recommend this book for people that are unfamiliar with the series.  You would be missing far to much of the back story for many of the plot lines to truly make sense.

For fans of the series, I wholeheartedly endorse it, as I mentioned above this is my personal favorite of the series.


The story begins with Lady Teldra finding Vlad in the wilderness.  She has come to request his aid in locating some missing people.  Then the trouble begins.

Spoiler Alert  Don't click the read more unless you want some spoilers or have already read the book.




I really like the ending of this novel, yes it is sad, but it feels to me like some of Brust's best writing.  He is showing the depth of the relationships between several of the characters.  He shows it in both what they do and by what they don't do.

I wonder if this novel would appeal more to female readers?  It seems almost a  tragical love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment