Thursday, July 14, 2011

Get out of Money Trouble: "America's Cheapest Family"

5 out of 5 stars!  I don't give those out often, but this book deserves it!

America's Cheapest Family:  Gets You Right on the Money
is one of the best starting places I have found for dealing with money trouble.  Clear, easy to read book with very well laid out chapters.

One thing they do that I haven't seen anywhere else, for money books, is they provide three different actions you can take at the end of each chapter.  They are actually three different levels: beginner, intermediate, & advanced.   Though they use cute names and picture to help you remember. 

Easy to read format, bare minimum of tables or charts, so you don't have to understand the topic material before you read it.

They also clearly believe in helping others, something I believe in myself and respect in others.

My only complaint about their book is their section on food & groceries.  It makes sense from pure dollar perspective.  But they seem to totally ignore health & nutrition concerns.

Which will actually cost more in the long run, which medical and other health related expenses.

I give this book a 5 out of 5 starts rating though.  I haven't found a better book for beginning & intermediate level of personal finance.

No comments:

Post a Comment